This Sunday is all about Christmas! Nana already decorated the whole house with an endless supply of ornaments and soft-toys. The only thing left is the tree, which was left to be done by all of us! So, Ruby put on her reindeer outfit and we got started. I picked a fitting playlist and as we were busy, all I could think of was that we were missing some gingerbread to make this day perfect. So I fired up my best friend ‘Pinterest’ and found the perfect muffin recipe which is super easy to put together and looked amazing. The only thing it was missing was the chocolate, which is a fantastic addition to this little piece of heaven.
As the little helper finally went down for her nap I checked my baking cupboard and was lucky enough to have most of the ingredients at home. There were only a few minor adjustments to be made to the perfect recipe.
All purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground gloves
1/2 tsp All spice
1/2 tsp Salt
100 g dark chocolate chips
- First of all pre-heat your oven to about 150 Celsius
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: the flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ground gloves, all spice and salt.
- In another bowl mix the egg, coconut oil, buttermilk and golden syrup until smooth
- I combined the two with a wooden spoon until smooth
- Transfer the mixture into the cases
- Bake for about 10 Minutes
- Drop a few chocolate chips into each half baked case (I mixed the chocolate chips in at the start before and they just sank to the bottom and burned)
- Bake them for another 15 Minutes